Welcome to South River Pediatrics. Thank you for choosing us as your health care provider for your child/children. Nothing is a precious as the health of our children and we are committed to providing your child/children with the highest quality of care.
As we begin our relationship with you, we feel that it is important that you have a clear understanding of our general office and financial policies.
We have 8 providers and 3 locations with convenient office hours to serve you. Please take this opportunity to review our office policies and procedures.
Provider schedules fill up quickly. We encourage our patients to schedule Well Child Visits, Adolescent, Sports Physicals, and ADD/ADHD Consult (including medication follow-up) appointments up to 3 months in advance.
For regular routine care we encourage you to schedule your appointment with your childâ€™s Primary Care Provider. However, should you choose to see any available provider please inform our front office staff. You will then be given the opportunity to choose from the Provider's available appointments. Please be aware that our Providers rotate their schedules at each of our offices.
Same Day Sick appointments are available by appointment. If the provider of your choice is not available, we will make every effort to schedule you with another provider.
We know that your time is valuable, and we will make every effort to ensure that we see your child as scheduled with minimal wait time. Therefore, we ask that you are prepared for each visit. To ensure your child is seen as scheduled:
- Please arrive at least 15 minutes prior to your appointment to complete necessary paperwork.
- Please bring your insurance card and a valid photo ID to every appointment.
- You will be asked to confirm your demographic information and insurance at each appointment.
- Please be prepared to pay your copay at the time of your visit.
Late Arrivals/Cancellations & No Shows
We have set "Appointment Times" for our patients and do our best to see our patients on time. Please understand that unforeseen circumstances may require some patients a little extra time with the provider. If this occurs, we will do everything in our control to get your child in to see the provider in a timely manner. To prevent the providers from falling extremely behind during the day, we ask that you arrive for your appointment at least 15 minutes before you are seen to complete the necessary paperwork.
- Late arrivals increase the wait time for other patients. If you arrive more than 15 minutes late for a routine Well Visit, you may be asked to reschedule your appointment. If you arrive more than 15 minutes late for a Sick appointment, we will see you, but you will be offered the next available appointment so that patients who arrived on time will be seen as scheduled.
- Cancellations-Well Visit, ADD/ADHD, and Consult appointments require a 24-hour notice to cancel the appointment without a cancelation fee. Appointments that are not canceled within 24-hour of the appointment will be charge a $50 fee. Sick and Follow-up appointments require a 3-hour notice to cancel the appointment. If you cancel your appointment less than 3 hours of your scheduled appointment, you will be charged $25.00 for a cancelation fee.
- No Show - A "No Show" appointment is an occurrence where the patient does not show for an appointment and does not cancel the appointment in advance according to our cancelation policy. If you do not show for your appointment and you do not cancel the appointment in advance, we will record in your medical record "No Show" and you will be charged a "No Show" fee of $50.00 for a Well Visit, ADD/ADHD, Consult or follow-up and a $25.00 fee for a Sick appointment.
Please be advised that failing to keep scheduled appointments can result in dismissal from the practice.
Prescriptions - South River Pediatrics processes prescription refills Monday through Friday. Refill request are not completed on the weekends. For your convenience, many prescription medications can be sent electronically to the pharmacy of your choice. Please allow up to 48 hours to process all prescription refills. If your child is on a medication that is refilled monthly, please plan accordingly when requesting refills. Please be advised, that some prescription medications require pre-authorization from your insurance company and may take longer to fill request. We will not mail prescriptions. Controlled medications cannot be called into a pharmacy. When picking up prescriptions in the office, please be prepared to show a valid photo ID.
When requesting refills for your child's ADD/ADHD medication, please make sure your child has had a routine follow-up within the last 3 months of your request. If your child has not been seen for a follow-up, we will not refill the prescription until the patient has been seen in the office.
Forms - We will be happy to complete School, Day Care, Camp, and Sports Physical forms for you. Forms that are presented at the time of a well visit will not require a charge.
Forms that are dropped off in the office (not during a well visit) will require a $10.00 processing fee per form .Payment is due at the time forms are dropped off. We will not accept FAXED forms. Please allow 3-5 business days for completion. At your request, we may mail forms back to you, but we ask that you provide a self-addressed stamped envelope for mailing.
Forms that are not completed and signed will not be processed and will result in a delay in completing your form(s) in a timely manner.
If you need a referral for a follow up visit for a condition your child has been seen for, you must first schedule the appointment with the specialist before requesting a referral. When contacting our office for a referral please follow the prompts on our referral line and leave all pertinent information. You must provide all information requested at the time of your request otherwise this will cause a delay in processing your referral. Our office requires 5 business days to process a referral. When your referral has been completed, you will be contacted by our office. We will not back date any referrals.
If you are requesting a referral for a medical condition that we have not seen your child for, you will need to be seen in our office before we can issue a referral to a specialist.
All medical records are the property of South River Pediatrics. A signed Medical Records Release Form must be completed before records can be processed and released.
We are permitted by Maryland law to charge administrative and copying fees for the process of medical records; per patient/per chart. Please call the office for current fees as the cost fluctuates per Maryland State Law. Fees must be paid before release of medical records. We will not mail medical records unless a self-addressed stamped envelope is provided to our office and we will not fax medical records unless we are faxing records to another provider office. Please allow 14 business days to process medical records request. For additional information, you may call our office at 410-956-6302.
Divorce, Separation, & Custody Agreements
South River Pediatrics believes that such matters should not enter into a child's medical treatment.
"Joint Custody" means that each parent has equal access to the child's medical records. Unless, we have a court order that states the contrary, our office is legally obligated to disclose medical information to both parents/legal guardians.
Please be advised of our office policy concerning this sensitive matter:
- We will NOT prevent either parent from reviewing their child's chart, obtaining their child's test results, or from scheduling an appointment to be seen.
- We will NOT call the other parent for consent prior to treatment.
- We will NOT fax any health information to either parent.
- We will discuss with the attending parent information pertinent to the child's history and/or present exam. It is the responsibility of the parents to communicate with each other about the patients care, office dates/visits and any other pertinent information relevant to the care of the child.
- If there is a dispute between the parents regarding custody and a custody agreement has been reached, we will need to obtain a copy of the agreement for the child/children file. The individual who is requesting the medical treatment is responsible for the payment of the medical bills. We will collect co-pays and deductibles from the attending parent or legal guardian. It is our policy that co-pays and account balances are due at the time of service from the parent, guardian, or caretaker who brings the child in for the appointment. The parent or legal guardian who COMPLETES and SIGNS our Financial Policy Form will be considered the GUARANTOR REGARDLESS OF INSURANCE COVERAGE.
- If at any time legal matters become too intrusive for our staff, we reserve the right to dismiss the patient from our office.
If you have additional questions about our practice, please feel free to contact our office at 410-956-6302.
Thank you for choosing South River Pediatrics.
Azam Baig, MD, FAAP